Source: Labour Force Survey, MOM
Latest figures published in: Employment Situation
- Data are sourced from the Labour Force Survey except for June 2005, which are from the General Household Survey 2005 conducted by the Department of Statistics, Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- The seasonally adjusted figures are derived using X-12 ARIMA to remove the seasonal influences in the data series. The seasonally adjusted unemployment figures are subject to annual revisions when the latest set of seasonal factors is updated, taking into account observations for the latest available year.
- Annual figures are the simple averages of the non-seasonally adjusted unemployment figures obtained at quarterly intervals.
- Residents refer to Singapore citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Long-term unemployed refers to persons aged fifteen years and over who have been unemployed for 25 weeks or more.
- Long-term unemployment rate is defined as the percentage of long-term unemployed persons to economically active persons.
- p = Preliminary
- n.a. = Not available