Gross Monthly Income From Work
Median Gross Monthly Income From Work (Including Employer CPF Contributions) of Full-Time Employed Residents
Change in Median Gross Monthly Income From Work (Including Employer CPF Contributions) of Full-Time Employed Residents
Source: Gross Monthly Income From Work - Comprehensive Labour Force Survey, Manpower Research & Statistics Department, MOM
Latest figures published in: Labour Force in Singapore
- Data exclude full-time National Servicemen.
- Data are for mid-year.
- Residents refer to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Gross monthly income from work refers to income earned from employment. For employees, it refers to the gross monthly wages or salaries before deduction of employee CPF contributions and personal income tax. It comprises basic wages, overtime pay, commissions, tips, other allowances and one-twelfth of annual bonuses. For self-employed persons, gross monthly income refers to the average monthly profits from their business, trade or profession (i.e. total receipts less business expenses incurred) before deduction of income tax.
- As data are captured from a sample survey, year-on-year income changes are prone to fluctuations and hence should always be interpreted with caution. Income growth studied over longer periods (e.g. 5 or 10 years) smooths out these fluctuations and hence provides a more direct indication of income growth.
- ^ Deflated by Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all items at 2019 prices (2019 = 100).
Annual Wage Changes
Annualised Change in Nominal and Real Wages
Source: Annual Wage Changes - Survey on Annual Wage Changes, Manpower Research & Statistics Department, MOM
Notes: Data pertain to wage increases granted by private sector establishments (with at least 10 employees) to full-time resident employees in continuous employment for at least a year.
Latest figures published in: Report On Wage Practices
Data on bonus quantum for a reference year is collected twice. Once during the reference year and once more a year later to facilitate calculation of total wage changes in the same company received by a fixed cohort of employees. This table is based bonus quantum collected in the reference year.
^ Deflated by Consumer Price Index for all items at 2014 prices (2014 = 100).